Retour à la liste Petites annonces / Recherche d'emploi
Auteur : International American Relief Society IARS
Code MediaCongo : ZZ36CYO
Code MediaCongo : ZZ36CYO
Chief of Party - Partnership for the Development of Eastern Congo (P-DEC)Postée le: 21.11.2020
Ville : AUTRE VILLE
Chief of Party - Partnership for the Development of Eastern Congo (P-DEC)
Closing date: February 15,2021 at 12.00Pm
Location: Bunia, Ituri, DR CONGO
Program pending funding - starting date around March 2021
The International American Relief Society IARS, is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) with significant multi-sectoral experience to lead the USAID-funded Partnership for the Development of Eastern Congo (P-DEC).
The international American Relief society IARS is a humanitarian organization specialized in tackling poverty worldwide.
IARS saves the lives of malnourished children and their families and works with vulnerable populations to preserve and restore their livelihoods with dignity.
In situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity.
We work in over three countries worldwide to carry out innovative programs in nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy helping more than 3.5 million people every year.
International American Relief Society has worked alongside the Congolese government, and a variety of local partners since 2019 with a staff of over 13 Programs revitalize the country's health system, improve WASH access and systems, prevent, and respond to SGBV, promote clean energy, and improve the health of the population.
The portfolio includes a focus on both sustainable development and humanitarian assistance activities and operates out of three base offices in Kinshasa, Bunia and Beni.
The USAID-funded Partnership for the Development of Eastern Congo (P-DEC) is anticipated to be upwards of $8 million and meant to span five years.
The program is designed to contribute to stabilization through integrated activities that work with local institutions to promote peace and facilitate a transition from humanitarian to development assistance in key areas of eastern Congo.
The Chief of Party is solely responsible for the overall success of the project, including management, strategic visioning, and technical oversight.
S/he also serves as the key interlocuter with USAID on all administrative and programmatic matters.
This position reports directly to International American Relief Society IARS Kinshasa Country Office and she/he will be based in Bunia Ituri, Eastern Congo.
• Lead the strategic visioning process and cultivate critical buy-in from team members, consortium partners, and key stakeholders, as well as play an active role in identifying and developing new initiatives that foster program objectives.
• Oversee program start-up, management, and administration, ensuring that program implementation is on time, target, and budget.
• Manage adaptively using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts and direct pivots to program strategy as needed.
• Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with IARS relevant program guidelines, principles, values, and quality standards
• Confirm beneficiaries targeting and selection according to transparent criteria; integrate community approaches, conflict sensitivity, gender sensitivity, and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
• Ensure program strategies, approaches, and activities represent global best practices for promoting resiliency and stabilization in rural development in fragile settings.
• Support capacity development of the team to ensure they understand their roles, as well as assist with career development while ensuring a safe and respectful workplace. Hire, on board, and direct team members.
• Ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with program, donor, and Consortium needs, setting up and iterating on systems as needed.
• Ensure that programming is designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security.
• Represent the project during donor and high-level visits, especially those from USG and private agencies; represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations all in close coordination with IARS Country Director.
• Ensure full compliance with USAID rules and regulations
• Promote strong and transparent working relationships with implementing and technical partners, and USAID, including:
o Maintain routine contact with key IARS leadership in country, including both IARS Head of Office in Bunia as well as IARS Country Director in Kinshasa, to keep them apprised of relevant operational, human resource, security, and other programmatic aspects of the IARS office BUNIA/ITURI
o Cultivate and maintain a strong working relationship with key counterparts in IARS HQ in USA to keep them apprised of project progress, as well as pertinent issues and roadblocks
• MA/S or equivalent in development studies, international relations, agriculture, conflict management, economic development or other relevant field pertaining to rural development in conflict-affected settings
• A minimum 5 years relevant international development Experience
• Experience in peacebuilding or stabilization programming strongly preferred.
• At least three years in a senior management with experience managing integrated, multi-sectoral programs of a similar size and scope ($1+ million)
• Previous USAID COP experience strongly preferred.
• Experience managing USAID-funded grants, cooperative agreements, and/or contracts
• Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and production of high-quality project reporting products, including responsiveness to complex programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships within a consortium with donors, host country counterparts, and NGO/FBO/CBO actors.
• Excellent English end French writing skills and analytical abilities, including the ability to effectively expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and in written or graphic form, using correct grammar and structure.
• French, English, and Swahili Fluency
• Experience working fragile contexts, including a demonstrated ability to motivate teams to work constructively under pressure and to respond resourcefully when challenges arise.
• Advanced cross-cultural sensitivity, including experience working and communicating with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment; ability to promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Professional level fluency in French and English, both oral and written
• Experience living and/or working Eastern Congo
• Experience designing and/or managing multi-sectoral stabilization programs, including a demonstrated understanding of how to build capacity of communities, local agencies, and other service providers to function as equal partners in community-based activities.
• Demonstrated understanding of key resiliency principles and implementation methodologies, especially in resource-limited settings.
• Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements is strongly preferred.
• Experience with USAID Collaborating, Learning, Adapting practices
The Chief of Party role is based in Bunia, a major city in Eastern Congo, with up to 70% travel to field locations. The role can be negotiated as an accompanied post for families.
Bunia remains fairly stable, with occasional instances of violence, insecurity, or petty crime.
Field locations experience volatility with more basic living conditions, and staff must always adhere to a curfew as well as safety protocols.
• How to apply.
You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter.
The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with International American Relief Society and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Please apply by uploading your cover letter and up-to-date CV below.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
International American Relief Society is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
International American Relief Society IARS prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.
Annnonce Suivante : Finance and Administration Officer - Program for the Development of Eastern Congo (P-DEC)