Request for Expressions of Interest for The Supply Equipment for the Kakula Project Surface Infrastructure and Plant Concentrator
Request for Expressions of Interest for
The Supply Equipment for the Kakula Project Surface Infrastructure and Plant Concentrator
Kamoa Copper SA is looking to appoint suitably qualified process plant equipment suppliers and service providers to supply equipment for the first phase of the Kakula Concentrator. The Kakula Concentrator is a 3Mt/a Run-of-Mine concentrator incorporating staged crushing, grinding, flotation, filtration and tailings disposal.
Kakula mine requests interested parties to formally submit an Expression of Interest to tender for this work.
Description of Work:
Kakula mine is located approximately 45km west of Kolwezi. The work is generally limited to the design, supply, delivery to site, installation supervision and commissioning assistance related to the supply of equipment for the Kakula Concentrator.
Interested parties must demonstrate the following pre-qualification criteria in their formal response:
- All works will be undertaken under Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils (“FIDIC”) conditions;
- Proven experience in similar type work and proven track record;
- Provide a record of experience in executing projects of a similar nature and provide - Name of project / Client / Contract value / Type of equipment used / Brief description of the scope / Start and completion dates
- Availability of equipment, facilities and personnel to complete this work:
- Financial status and stability of your Company:
- Provide the following information - Audited financial statements for the last 2 financial years / Letter from your bank confirming bank account and duration of relationship with bank.
- Provide statement of 3 years’ turn-over (Average annual turnover for the past 3 years should be at least 2X the expected contract values listed above).
- Sufficient capital and cash flow to execute this project without advance payments exceeding 15% and to provide 15% performance and advance payments guarantees from their bank:
- Provide confirmation of sufficient available capital / Letter from your bank confirming the ability to provide a performance bond.
- Proof of capacity and potential capacity:
- Demonstrate current and future capacity by providing the following - Current and future projects on the respondent’s order book / Projects for which the respondent has tenders in the market or is currently tendering on
- Dedication to the highest levels of health and safety during construction, supported by health and safety policies and statistics:
- Provide details of your safety record including - Number of shifts worked / Number of Lost Time Incidents / LTI frequency rate / Number of fatalities.
- Provide the following documentation – Company SHE Policy / Proof of training for SHE management / Company SHE Manual,
- Use of local labour
- Respondents are to state their targeted use of the local labour by providing details of – Policy on using local labour and percentage of local labour / Names of the local suppliers to be used, details of materials and goods, and an estimated percentage of contract value / Names of local sub-contractors, description of work to be subcontracted, and estimated percentage of contract value.
- Must have a DRC registered company preferably with a base in Kolwezi area, and with suitable experience of working in the DRC:
- Provide the following:
* Details of DRC registered company;
* Details of operation in Kolwezi area;
* Record of projects completed in DRC in the last 5 years;
* Ability to achieve the anticipated construction programme; and
* Acceptance of delay damages / penalties for late completion.
- Tax compliance supported by tax certificates to be provided;
- A good understanding of the DRC mining code (2018) with specific reference to the contracting and sub-contracting requirements as stipulated.
Interested parties should submit a formal expression of interest response with the above supporting documentation by email to:
- The Procurement Manager, Kamoa Copper SA
- Email: EOI@kamoacopper.com
Response Deadline: 25 April 2019
Response to be submitted in a single email with attachments less than 20MB in total.
Kamoa will do a pre-qualification selection of the respondents and only those that qualify will receive the full formal Request for Tender documents.
Société :Kamoa Copper SA
Site Internet :