Position : IT Specialist
Location : Kinshasa
Direct supervision: Regional ICT Officer and Station Manager
Contract duration: Two years contract with possibility of renewal
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Visit the site http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Regional ICT and the Station Manager, the IT Specialist will perform the tasks below:
- Administrate and monitor of both local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WLAN);
- Set up user permissions and controls access to both LAN and WLAN;
- Ensures maintenance of LAN and WLAN as well as all computer systems (both hardware and software). These tasks include:
1. Keeping up to date inventories of all equipment.
2. Ensuring that anti-virus protection measures for all IITA computers at the station are in place, active and up to date.
3. Patching all systems and ensuring software is up to date.
4. Documentation of all systems.
- Computer Installation and maintenance;
- Advise the Station Management regarding new technologies or upgrading of existing installed technologies, recommended suppliers and contractors regarding IT network, hardware and software purchases;
- Manage of third party contracts and subscriptions for the delivery of IT products and services which include responsibility for contract monitoring and procurement;
- Maintains the IT Network policy and Procedures manuals and software licensing;
- Monitor traffic and information flow on systems to ensure systems run effectively;
- Ensure availability of equipment spares and supplies;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor;
- Will keep abreast of latest technologies that may be of benefit to the organization and make requisite recommendations, supported by documentation, costing etc. and present to management.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold at least a Bac+5 degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Telecoms or Network Engineering;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role;
- Significant project management experience managing and implementing large scale ICT systems primarily with a focus on site infrastructure and data center deployments;
- ICT infrastructural planning and development experience;
- Demonstrable experience in strategic and operational ICT management including financial and budgetary management process and quality management experience
- Team and people management;
- Experience of managing security of sensitive and personal information with knowledge of data protection regulations Backup, Firewall; Disaster Recovery and preventative maintenance experience Active Directory Administration and Group Policy experience;
- Working knowledge of some or all the following: Windows 7 to 10, Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Exchange 2012, SharePoint, Office 365; VMware ESXi 6, Web hosting technologies, Microsoft Office Products, Unix and/or Oracle;
- Membership systems would be an advantage Essential characteristic: Excellent management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail;
- Possess exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a multidisciplinary environment;
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work off own initiative, handle multiple priorities within tight time frames and contribute to high quality services;
- Be flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change;
- They must be keen to develop their skills and contribute to the work of the organization in other areas when required;
- Knowledge of English is required for this position.
To apply, please send your applications including job application, motivation letter and CV with three references (name, phone numbers and mail address) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The application deadline is 13 October 2017.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
- Women applications are encourageous.
Kinshasa, September 28,2017
Site Internet :http://www.iita.org
Email :firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com