Associate Procurement and Logistics Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EGPAF ASSOCIATE PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
Title: Associate Procurement and Logistics Officer
Reports to: Procurement and Logistic Officer
Station: Kinshasa, DR Congo
Deadline: February 18, 2018
Job Summary: TheAssociate Procurement and Logistics Officerprimary functions will be to efficiently meet the procurement and Logistic needs of the office. S/he will oversee the solicitation locally of quotes, pro-formas, and estimates and manage bid comparison and vendor selection. S/he will provide cost and quality analysis prior to seeking Procurement and Logistic Officer approval in Verian (EGPAF’s online procurement system). Prepare local purchase orders and ensure follow up of purchase orders and contracted services. With the Procurement and Logistic Officer, create filing systems and manage the document trail in a transparent manner to avoid compliance shortfalls and audit findings.
Staff under supervision: N/A
Operational Contacts: Administrative, Finance and Technical units, local vendors and services providers, local Government services.
Duties and Responsibilities: Include, but not limited to the following:
A. General Duties:
1. Analyze each purchase requisition and/or purchase order to determine:
- That the quality description is accurate in every aspect, and that it is of appropriate quality;
- The method of pricing to be used (catalogue, written inquiries or estimates)
- That quantity and delivery information are correct
- The proper supplier, considering available facilities, dependability, quality and reputation;
- The right price, including payment terms and tax exemptions permitted;
- The best method of transporting the purchase item to destination;
2. Ensure that all requests for quotations are clear and complete
3. Prepare and collect all the documentation according to EGPAF and donors policies, rules and regulations, post them in Verian to secure necessary approvals and generate purchase orders.
4. Coordinate distribution of equipment, supplies and furniture to the health facilities, follow up on the usage of distributed items and maintain proper records.
5. Act as EGPAF focal person in receipt of items ordered from Suppliers and ensure that items are inspected together with the technical staff as appropriate and verified against both the local purchase order/contract and delivery note and the receipt of goods or services is acknowledged accordingly
6. Ensure proper filing of all procurement and logistic documentation, ensuring their confidentiality.
7. Create individual files for vendors, as well as for commodities and services, to speed up procurement operations.
8. Handle correspondences concerning the procurement process
9. Perform additional duties as assigned by the Procurement and Logistic Officer.
B. Asset Management
- Ensure that all EGPAF assets are properly recorded and updated in the EGPAF Inventory Management tool;
- Ensure that all assets within EGPAF Offices and donated to Facilities are tagged and allocated an Asset Number as recorded in the Inventory/Asset Register tool;
- Maintain and update stock inventory records and location of Medical Equipment’s and Supplies donated to health facilities;
- Manage training supplies and the basement storage room with medical supplies;
- In collaboration with program staff, develop distribution plan of medical equipment and supplies for health facilities and work with operations team to ensure that these reach the facilities;
- Undertake ad hoc visits to Facilities to verify availability of Assets Donated to Facilities
- Prepare and submit monthly report.
C. Contracts Management
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Procurement and Logistic Officerensure that all services provided by external companies (Outsourced Services) are properly contracted and all contracts are filed properly;
- Maintain the contracts register and alerts the Procurement and Logistic Officer for contracts performance at least three (3) months before the contracts expires;
- Assist Programs Team on services that needs to be contracted and logistics required for contracts formulation;
Education, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Logistics Management; Economics or Business administration.
- Written and spoken English highly preferred
- Previous experience in working with non-governmental organizations;
- Two years working experience preferable in medical supplies management (added advantage);
- Computer literacy;
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Planning and organizational skills are paramount.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional team player with good interpersonal skills.
How to apply.
Please apply in following instruction on the EGPAF website no later than February 18, 2018. The link below will also direct you to the position mentioned above http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1&rid=1391
Notes: This is a local recruitment open to Congolese citizens only. If a candidate living outside Kinshasa is selected, the Foundation is not liable to pay a relocation package to the candidate.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Internet :