International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Reports To: Director of Finance & Operations
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is seeking a Procurement Officer for its Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) in Kinshasa, DRC. The MECC project delivers timely qualitative, quantitative and analytical information that assists USAID in meeting the agency’s short, medium and long term monitoring and evaluation objectives in DRC. This position is open to Congolese nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as main point of contact for the day-to-day implementation of all activities in relation to the project procurement of goods and services.
- Ensure all purchases are planned, approved and processed in accordance with the budget and in compliance with IBTCI policies and USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage the procurement needs of the office.
- Oversee the purchase requisition review, solicitation cost and quality analysis prior to seeking approval for purchase.
- Prepare local purchase orders.
- Follow up on all outstanding purchase orders and contracted services.
- Create a detailed recordkeeping and filing system.
- Manage procurement documentation trail in a transparent manner.
- Collaborate with MECC logistics staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive, solution-minded.
- Excellent organizational, planning and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- At least 3 years managing procurements for a US government agency or an international donor organization in the DRC preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID procurement standard policies and practices.
- Oral and written fluency in English highly preferred.
- Good analytical, synthesis and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- At least 5 years of experience working for the non-governmental organizations.
- Must be a Congolese national.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, law, commerce, logistics management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment:Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements:This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Domestic travels may be required.
Work Authorization:Candidate must be authorized to work in the DRC.
How to Apply
Please send updated CV along with a cover letter and 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of March 23, 2018 COB (close of business) with subject line: Procurement Officer. Please note that the job is based in Kinshasa and relocation costs for applicants currently living in other parts of the country will not be covered, nor will additional allowances be considered.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Site Internet :