Analyst, Sexual Reproductive Health
Analyst, Sexual Reproductive Health
Country: Democratic Republic of Congo
City: La Gombe, Kinshasa
Type: Full Time
Program (Division): Country Programs - Country Teams
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Over 200 million women around the world have an unmet need for family planning (FP), indicating they would like to stop or limit childbearing, but do not have access to methods to do so. Increasing access to family planning has the potential to reduce maternal and infant mortality, reduce the number of deaths due to unsafe abortion, and improve the health outcomes of women and families overall. In DRC, 28% of women have an unmet need for family planning and it is estimated that only 8%of all women are currently using modern methods of family planning.
Since 2012, CHAI has worked with governments, partners and manufacturers to reduce the price of contraceptives and increase access to family planning supplies and services. In sub-Saharan Africa, CHAI’s helps Ministries to plan, coordinate, and implement family planning scale up, by providing a strong foundation of rigorous analysis and management support to more effectively target interventions, allocate resources, and fill gaps to align contraceptive supplies with human resource capacity and client demand. One particular focus of CHAI’s work is to improve the availability and use of human resource, logistics, and service delivery data to ensure that commodities are appropriately distributed as well as to identify facilities that need additionally supervision to ensure that quality services are offered.
In DRC, CHAI provides support to the National Program for the Supply of Essential Medicines (PNAM) and the National Program for Reproductive Health (PNSR) to improve forecasting and supply chain management and build government capacity for supply chain and family planning program performance management. CHAI aims to support the PNAM and PNSR to improve the availability and use of health systems data, to strengthen coordination across partners implicated in health and drug data systems rollout and use, and to support the government to develop and lead a vision for an electronic logistics management information system (eLMIS) compatible with the current national health information system (DHIS2). Additionally, CHAI will work with the Ministry of Health and key partners to map healthcare worker locations and trainings in order to develop and rollout with the PNSR a national Family Planning Dashboard, integrating data from DHIS2, healthcare training data, and information on partner support.
CHAI DRC is looking for a highly-motivated and flexible analyst to support development and roll-out of a web-based FP dashboard in Kinshasa and Kongo Central provinces. The Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Analyst will work with the DRC SRH team, FP stakeholders, and CHAI global and country teams to support all phases of FP dashboard development and roll out, including coordination of human resources and partner mapping activities, system design and end user trainings. He/she will be based in Kinshasa, DRC with regular travel to Kongo Central province (as required).
The SRH Analyst will support the development of the FP dashboard by:
- Providing on-the-ground coordination of human resource mapping in Kinshasa and Kongo Central provinces, including support in deployment of iHRIS Train and end-user trainings;
- Working with the DRC SRH team and partners to collect (and regularly update) nationwide information on partner-supported interventions in Family Planning for integration into the FP web-based dashboard;
- Supporting the DRC SRH team and other FP stakeholders to define system design and technical requirements in accordance with DRC FP program needs;
- Working with selected software developer and CHAI Tech team to develop and roll-out FP web-based dashboard as defined by the DRC SRH team and other FP stakeholders;
- Developing user guides and training materials;
- Conducting FP dashboard trainings in Kinshasa and Kongo Central provinces;
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience or a Master’s degree in public health, data systems management, or another relevant field with a minimum of two year of experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment;
- Experience in data systems management and data use and motived and enthusiastic about conducting data analysis and using it to improve access to life-saving services
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, with outstanding problem-solving and analytical capabilities;
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging environment;
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and to communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively;
- Ability to set priorities and work well under pressure with minimal supervision;
- High-level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Power Point and Word;
- Previous work experience in resource-limited settings;
- Fluency in French and English required.
- Experience in family planning, sexual and reproductive health, and/or maternal and newborn health;
- Familiarity with different national health system tools such as DHIS2 and/or IHRIS.
Connect With Us
Site Internet :