Program Evaluation Officer
ELIZABETH GLASER PEDIATRIC AIDS FOUNDATION
Program Evaluation Officer
Job title: Program Evaluation Officer
Location: Based in Kinshasa DRC
Grade : 5
Primary Manager: Public Health Evaluation – Associate Director
Under the supervision of the Public Health Evaluation Associate Director, the Program Evaluation Officer will coordinate and administers program assessment associated activities under the SCS and other projects implented by EGPAF. S/he will coordinates research subjects, as appropriate, serve as the principal administrative liaison for the project and assists in project planning. S/He will also ensures that pre-established work scope, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate program assessment participants as appropriate to specific objectives and work scope.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of program assessment and data collection activities
- Monitors the progress of program assessment activities; develops and maintains records of assessment activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports, as required.
- Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of program assessment protocol
- Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to investigators.
- To implement quality control process throughout the conduct of program assessment
- Provide monthly updates to the Public Health Evaluation Associate Director on progress and issues that impact implementation and recommend appropriate action
- Work in a professional manner and maintain good relationships with program staff and the District Health Team (DHT).
- Participate in developing and reviewing data collection instruments for research and evaluation activities in line with the requirements of approved proposals/protocols
- Where appropriate, assist in the supervision and training of field staff assigned to collect data
- Closely follow up on data collectors to ensure that ethical consideration is adhered to.
- Participate in developing and/or reviewing research data collection tools including translation of these tools in local language according to the established protocol
- Support collection, sorting and arranging raw or semi-processed data from the field (study sites), registry books and also find the commonly made errors in line with protocol and SOPs as well as coach the data collectors as the need may arise
- Work closely with research data Officer to assist in developing and maintaining of an up-to-date database of researches at EGPAF-DRC
- To undertake housekeeping responsibilities, the nature of which will be discussed and agreed by the PI/co-investigators, but which may need to be changed from time to time in the course of different research projects.
- Ensure various IRB letters of approvals are filed and safely kept
- Work with the study team to ensure timely recruitment and accrual of the study
- Make initiatives and original contributions to the research program wherever possible in a manner conducive to the success of the research program.
- Maintenance of accurate files and records, both computerized and manual
- Orient and make certain that all the data collectors Study team members have undergone appropriate ethics research trainings and their certificates are safely kept
- Attend site study meetings with research team and investigators as required
- Ensure all finished files/records (after they have been entered) are returned to records room/ properly labeled cabins
- Supervise Program Assessment Field assessment
- Perform other duties as required by the Public Health Evaluation Associate Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Nursing sciences
- Registration with the DRC Nursing Council as a Nurse
- Must have at least 3 years clinical working experience with HIV/AIDS organization
- Postgraduate qualification in HIV/AIDS with expertise in HIV care and treatment would be an added advantage
Skills knowledge and abilities
- Adequate professional formation to fulfill the demanded tasks
- Non judgmental attitudes, humanitarian values and ethics are absolute preconditions
- Minimum of one-year clinical research experienceand program coordination.
- Exceptional program coordination and management skills
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is a clear asset.
- Good report writing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team.
- Energetic, independent and self-motivated
- Computer Competency including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skill
How to apply
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply trough the Foundation website and/or by clicking to the link below no later than June 20, 2019. https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1&rid=1776
Site Internet :