PATH is an international organization that drives trans-formative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Position: Procurement Associate
PATH is seeking to recruit a Procurement Associate who will ensure that goods and services are competitively procured and in compliance with the donor(s), PATH and statutory regulations. The specialist will at all times seek maximum value for the project and ensure that goods and services are procured in time and deliveries made according to agreed terms and conditions. He/she will be responsible for maintenance of accurate, up to date and complete records in required formats for all procurement transactions. In addition, the specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all invoices are properly supported and reviewed before submitting to the Project Administrator for payment consideration. Further, this position will ensure that accurate procurement reports are prepared to support management decision making processes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the functional supervision of the Procurement Officer and Administrative of the PADM Polio Project, the Procurement associate will be responsible of the following:
- Prepare and implement annual procurement plan in line with the approved budgets and work closely with Polio budget holders.
- Ensure that procurement processes are conducted in line with the PATH laid down policies as well as donor regulations and the laws of the country.
- Prepare RFQs, RFPs, including general contract conditions, performance periods and selection criteria.
- Act as a custodian of the procurement policy and ensure compliance with the same.
- Prepare weekly management procurement reports and any other ad hoc reports as may be required from time to time by the project management.
- Ensure the updating of the supplier database based on the performances recorded during a fiscal year.
- Ensure that all the vendors that PATH does business with are properly registered and are subjected to proper due diligence processes including Bridger checks.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions aimed at achieving efficiencies in procurement processes.
- Ensure that invoices are properly supported before payment process.
- Facilitate good business relations with suppliers /vendors.
- Track orders and confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Prepare, update, and maintain purchase orders until they are closed.
- A degree in economics or similar branch with a preference for purchases, a certificate in logistics or supply chain would be an asset
- Have knowledge about imports, customs clearance process, shipments and shipments in the DRC
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a very active NGOs.
- Familiarity with USAID's Procurement Rules and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in French and English.
- Attention to detail, good technical and analytical skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take initiatives and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and to meet strict deadlines.
- Good moral and ethical quality
This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment.
Applicants considered for this position are to be DRC nationals. This position is based in Kinshasa Candidates outside of Kinshasa will be responsible for their relocation expenses.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please, submit your application to the link hereafter: https://bit.ly/2YcX9qe.
Site Internet :