Project Analyst, to support the delivery of health services in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Acasus (www.acasus.com) is a consultancy that drives major reforms in health and education around the world.
In health, we contribute towards improving global immunization rates. To date, we have supported governments across Asia, Africa and South America to radically increase immunization coverage and improve access to basic healthcare facilities, prenatal and maternity clinics in remote areas. Our education projects in South America and the Middle East have successfully provided access to basic education for millions of children.
We work in teams to support senior government officials (typically at ministerial or prime-ministerial level) in driving rapid reforms. This includes:
- Planning and developing strategies
- Monitoring progressLeveraging on data and other information to facilitate decision making
- Building capacity and skills throughout the public system
- Improving coordination and cooperation between stakeholders, funders and governments
- Solving problems and challenges on the ground
- Consolidating international evidence and lessons about what works
Our project teams consist of experienced consultants from leading international consultancies and highly talented, locally-hired staff. The success of our projects depends on the dedication, development, and excellent work of our teams.
Context & Impact
Acasus has supported health and education reforms since 2013. Our team in Pakistan achieved the most rapid increase in vaccination coverage recorded to date — improving the coverage of life-saving child vaccines across the Punjab province from 50% to 90% in just two years.
In Peru, our team aided the Ministry of Education with crucial reforms to improve teacher performance. These reforms led to a significant increase in student outcomes.
Following the success of our programs in Pakistan and Peru, we have been requested by an international organization to replicate our model in multiple countries across Africa and Asia. Our growing team in the Democratic Republic of Congo is working alongside the Ministry of Health to improve nationwide availability of basic vaccines. Early indicators are already showing promising results.
Role in Brief
Based in Kinshasa, you will support our Senior Consultants in helping federal and regional officials to implement reforms.
Our model leverages on the use of technologies and data to facilitate quick and effective action by managers and leaders. By supporting the delivery of better public services, we contribute to improving health outcomes. To date, our DRC team has achieved a number of highly impactful quick wins, demonstrating the opportunity for larger impact in this region.
As a Project Analyst, you will build on existing insights, excitement, and engagement to strengthen the health system at the national level. You will support officials at central and provincial levels to customize and implement our reform model. This includes consolidating and analyzing data that will enable rapid action to improve health outcomes and save lives.
- Support our team of consultants in their work with key senior government health officials and international partners to dramatically improve the health outcomes of children
- Assist in the design and implementation of new systems to improve vaccination coverage across DRC through data analysis and recommendations
- Energize existing systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Successful candidates must demonstrate
- Fluency in English and French
- A relevant university degree, ideally in health, education or international development
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to use data to drive change
- A strong determination to learn, a desire to make a difference, and a strong team ethic
Our ideal Project Analyst will demonstrate
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong drive and motivation
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- An interest in social issues
- Motivation to join our organization and a passion to learn and develop in the role
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to be part of a highly experienced team in making impactful reforms
- The capacity to learn and grow in a dynamic role which contributes to national impact
- Opportunities for further international travel with future projects
Next Steps If this excites you, send us an email including your CV, in English, to email@example.com.
Acasus prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We support & promote diversity & inclusion, and we will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Site Internet :www.acasus.com