Assessment / Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Assessment / Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Assessment/ Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict & Governance/Kinshasha, DRC
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
MECC is a five-year contract implemented by IBTCI and its subcontractor, Management Systems International (MSI), to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allows the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework. MECC services include performance monitoring, support to the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level, and M&E capacity building for Mission staff, IPs, and other relevant stakeholders.
The Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (A/M&E) Specialist is a full-time, position based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) that may require travel to field sites. Tasks to which he/she will offer support include providing donors and Implementing Partners (IPs) with high-level, technical, analytical, advisory, training and related support services for performance and impact measurement, performance-based communication and information management, monitoring and evaluation. Additionally, the A/M&E Specialist will support the design and management of evaluations, analyses, and assessments. The A/M&E Specialist will provide expertise on evaluation methodology, including sampling procedures, survey methodologies, and qualitative data collection methods. The A/M&E Specialist will also be relied on for quantitative and qualitative data analysis. The A/M&E Specialist will provide expertise in the planning and coordination of performance and impact evaluations, operational research, baseline assessment, survey design and methodology, and research. The A/M&E Specialist will report to the A/M&E Specialist/DCOP.
Please note that the DRC has a security threat level of 5. The incumbent will need to follow the advice of his/her security advisor(s) and must have added awareness of his/her surroundings.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design of methodologies and tool development for USAID Activity assessments.
- Manage and oversee implementation of assessments.
- Lead analysis and reporting on assessment results.
- Provide senior level technical assistance in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
- Lead the development and implementation of a CDCS End-Line Assessment.
Senior M&E Technical Support
- Provide oversight of data quality assessments and reports.
- Provide technical support in the development of tools and methodologies as well as quality control for the USAID/DRC TPM program.
- Provide technical support and oversight of the CDCS endline assessment/perception survey and report.
- Provide technical assistance to USAID technical teams in the review of M&E strategies and documents such as A-MELPS, evaluation designs, assessments, etc.
- Participate in the delivery of MEL trainings for USAID/DRC staff and/or other specialized trainings.
- Otherduties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation methods and performance management including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting.
- Demonstrated experience leading assessment and survey design, quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, quantitative and qualitative analysis methods, and quantitative and qualitative data collection instrument/tool design.
- Willingness to work for extended periods in insecure and diverse environments.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders and project beneficiaries.
- Prior Africa experience preferred, francophone Africa experience desired, experience working in DRC and/or Great Lakes region is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated professional proficiency in French.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in M&E, survey and assessment design and implementation with at least five years of experience in an international development context required.
- Experience advising clients on knowledge management, organizational development, and strategic communications in an international development context required.
- Demonstrated expertise of USAID M&E principles and requirements, including familiarity with ADS 203.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, professional proficiency in French strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents.
- Demonstrated high quality analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with standard/office IT applications.
Education: Master’s degree in management, international development, economics, public policy, statistics, political science, health, education, or a related field required; PhD preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will supervise consultants and subcontractors undertaking assessments and surveys.
Travel: Position is based in Kinshasa with possible travel to provinces. International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2395/assessment--monitoring-%26-evaluation-specialist/job?mobile=false&width=940&height=2003&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=60 and please send a copy of updated CV along with 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to email@example.com by the deadline of December 20th, 2019 Kinshasa Time.
Site Internet :