Finance and Administrative Officer
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 40 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach is searching for a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Finance and Administrative Officer based in Kinshasa, DRC. The ideal candidate will be a finance professional with office management experience. Under the direction of the Country Director and with partnership from the finance director at headquarters, the Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for coordinating the financial and administrative operations of all programs in DRC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Ensure financial operations are timely and accurate including daily bookkeeping in Quickbooks, processing of expense reporting, assistance with budget to actual review, and support in preparing the monthly financial reporting to headquarters.
- Managing and reconciling all cash accounts, including petty cash reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and advance reconciliations, in both USD and CDF.
- Monitoring of monthly timesheets within Zoho People. Maintenance of financial documents and supporting files, including proper substantiation of payments made including proper approvals and coding.
- Support of an internal control structure to promote accuracy and accountability of the accounting system.
- Recommending, implementing, and maintaining efficient office systems.
- In conjunction with the Country Director, ensure that VillageReach activities adhere to all applicable laws and regulations and meet overall operational standards of VillageReach and its funders.
- Assisting in the procurement and management of office equipment, furniture, and other assets including managing and updating the inventory of office assets.
- Any other duties as required.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization.
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed.
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach.
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach.
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or similar) required.
- 3 years professional experience in a similar role
- Superb technology skills including intermediate level understanding of Microsoft-based programs, like Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Financial and bookkeeping acumen. Experience with Quickbooks required.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Experience working in team settings, preferably in an international capacity.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English required.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until May 28, 2020. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.
Site Internet :