Head of Donors & Program Management
JOB OFFER 005/HR/2020
DKT RDC is a subsidiary of DKT International with activities in 20 countries around the world. Its main mission is to improve reproductive health and assist the population in the fight against STIs / HIV / AIDS. It is based on awareness raising and the responsible use of family planning services and methods. Through targeted social marketing, it offers a wide range of modern contraceptives and quality service.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Donors &Program Management toensure positive relations with major institutional funders of DKT’s work, through provision of scheduled reports and assessments of our work plus regular interaction and meetings as required
The Head of Donors &Program Management will act as a coordinator between several programs in the organization to ensure their alignment with overall goals. He will collaborate with the members of the Leadership team to ensure the various functions play their roles in the corresponding programs.
The ideal person should have strong writing skills (French and English), be a Team Player and have experience in managing staff from different disciplines to deliver results in a timely manner. He must also be able to develop effective tactics and strategies.
Place of employment: Kinshasa, DRC
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of renewal
Purpose of the position
The Head of Donors &Program Management will directly report to the Country Director
- To help ensure positive relations with major institutional funders of DKT’s work, through provision of scheduled reports and assessments of our work plus regular interaction and meetings as required.
- To support internal systems required to track progress and report accurately and appropriately.
- Within DKT: Family planning team,Sales Team, Director, Group Heads, Team Leaders, Group and Team Managers, Finance Team
- Outside DKT: Staff from various DKT funders and stakeholders to ensure DKT is meeting requirements of our funding agreements and that broader strategic interaction is promoted and supported
1. Help meet contractual requirements and maintain strong relationships with Donors through meeting their expectations through monitoring, reporting and evaluating of our work and our learning
- Take lead responsibility for consolidating and submitting scheduled narrative and financial reports to Donors
- Lead responsibility for ensuring that scheduled interaction with Donors technical leads (meetings, provision of updates etc)
- Compile and Submit all impact stories and videos for each program
- Write and update donors’ proposals, grants and reports per donor request
- Coordinate meetings, skype calls, teleconference calls and check-in calls with donors per donor request
- Work closely with DKT’s Finance Department to ensure that financial reports are provided on time and as required
- Work closely with DKT teams to ensure that narrative reports are provided on time and as required
- Coordinate DKT DRC Major and Mid-level donors and partners by providing timely responses to Donor’s queries.
2. Manage the strategic relationship with other key Donors institutional funders
- Support regular and timely interaction with agency staff to ensure awareness of DKT’s work and continued strong input from DKT to strategic thinking.
- Support the adoption and use of our Results Framework as the principal means for accountability with a range of other DKT funders.
3. Other areas of responsibility
- Contribute to meetings as required.
- Provide regular reports on progress with the above activities to DKT’s Leadership Teams and Direct Line Manager.
Coordinate with DKT managers to Host donors by mobilizing key stakeholders and carrying out Programs pre-visits before the Donors come.
Work Guides and References
- Business Plan and Budgets
- Personnel Policies & Procedures (Employee Handbook)
- Descriptions of DKT International and Social Marketing
- DKT International DRC Standard Operating Procedures
Position objectives and Key Performance Indicators
- Cultivate, maintain and service relationship between DKT DRC and donors and the Support Office.
- Deliver qualitative reports upon request from Donors
Key Performance Indicators
- Donors’ level of satisfaction;
- Respect of Deadline;
- Programsspecific indicators;
Educational background / Work experience / Skill and Abilities
* Minimum Education
- Bachelor Degree required with preference in Communications, Program management, or related field of study required
- Experience with non-government organization preferred
* Work Experience
- At least 3years’ experience in similar occupation
- Experience of working with a variety of donors, and of managing and developing relationships
- Project planning experience as well as coordination, reviews and evaluations
- Thorough understanding of and experience in using the main quantitative and qualitative methods used in evaluating international development programs
- Good working knowledge of Results Based Management and value for money
- Supporting colleagues in utilizing M&E techniques for different interventions
- Experience of writing review / evaluation reports
- Experience in international Organizations
* Skills and abilities
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills (to deal with staff at all levels, partners, external bodies and the general public)
- Good written communication skills, including the writing and editing of reports and documents – copy-editing, proof-reading and editorial skills, with close attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrable personal organizational and time management skills (working to deadlines and under pressure, prioritizing workload, multi-tasking and the ability to be adaptable and flexible in a challenging environment)
- General organizational skills (managing and organizing internal meetings and external events such as seminars and conferences)
- Financial management experience
- Understanding of complex ideas and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors required
- Experience hosting or working with US groups of donors or visitors
Essential personal qualities
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Close attention to accuracy and detail
- Skilled in personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and other programs for uploading and downloading information
- English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO or International organization preferred
- High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Integrity and honesty
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Proficient in French (written and spoken)
- Proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The file must besent only by Email to email@example.com no later than 30th October 2020.
Applicants are requested to include the names, addresses, email and phone numbers of three referees. Two of them must be the direct supervisors.
Only people meeting the required profile will be contacted by phone for an interview and written test.
Kinshasa, 12th October 2020
Jean Christophe CARRAU
Société :DKT RDC
Site Internet :