M & E Specialist
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: M & E Specialist
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Managerial. Not eligible for overtime.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) at IBTCI is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development. MECC provides monitoring, evaluation, analytic and research services to the USAID/DRC Mission, especially in support of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). MECC also has a Learning Team that assists the Mission with its CLA workshops, trainings, and events. MECC is looking for a skilled M&E Specialist with USAID experience to assist the project in its support of USAID/DRC Mission objectives and activities.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical assistance related to monitoring and evaluation systems, performance management, theories of change and M&E Plans.
- Support the development of M&E Plans for IPs through on-going and hands-on technical assistance to IP M&E and management teams, in close coordination with the donor. This support will be in program areas such as democracy and governance, stabilization, agriculture and economic growth, education/human capacity development/youth.
- Coordinate and lead ongoing and user-friendly analysis and presentations of IP results.
- Provide oversight of all verification activities in the field, conducted through DRC Third Party Monitoring agents, to ensure their timely and professional deployment of verifications, as well as the analysis of findings.
- Support the technical development of a web-enabled clearinghouse for donor data collection, integration and reporting activities.
- Supervise and provide technical support to program evaluations and assessment throughout the life of the program.
- Occasionally represent IBTCI in meetings with senior Mission, Embassy and Government officials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated technical expertise in the development of Monitoring and Evaluation systems and/or performance-based management.
- Proven experience with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation projects and requirements.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the implementation of complex M&E Performance Management Plans, including definition and determination of metrics and methods to best measure results and impact.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Master’s preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; field-based, hands-on and long-term M&E implementation experience is preferred.
- Experience on USAID-funded projects and other donor projects is preferred.
- Education experience in an international development context; preferably with USAID or USAID-funded projects.
- Superior development analysis and communications skills are
- Experience facilitating and coordinating workshops is desirable.
- Significant experience in similar positions in the DRC strongly preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones. Travel to additional provinces in the DRC is possible.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2793/job?mobile=false&width=960&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=120 and please send a copy of updated CV along with 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of January 19th, 2021 Kinshasa Time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Site Internet :