Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Goma (Nord Kivu) ()
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Department/Location: Goma, DRC
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt level position
IBTCI is pursuing a United States Agency for International Development-funded opportunity in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The opportunity, Mission Strategic Support Program (MSSP), will provide support to the USAID Regional Mission based in DRC, encompassing the DRC, the Republic of Congo (RoC) and the Central African Republic (CAR). The support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards its development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the Mission’s development outcomes. MSSP will provide services to strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC. The Mission is developing this contract to improve upon and provide additional implementation support to the Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and USAID’s regional strategic frameworks through an enhanced MEL system.
To support this opportunity, IBTCI is seeking a qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist. This is a full time position based in Goma/DRC. The MEL Specialist will facilitate, manage and ensure the quality of several activities, including Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), Third Party Monitoring (TPM), site visits, and IP training. The MEL Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. Applicants must have strong English and French speaking and writing skills.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical assistance related to monitoring and evaluation systems, performance management, theories of change and M&E Plans;
- Support the development of M&E Plans for IPs through on-going and hands-on technical assistance to IP M&E and management teams, in close coordination with the donor. This support will be in program areas such as democracy and governance, stabilization, agriculture and economic growth, education/human capacity development/youth;
- Support the DCOP in the design and/or review of monitoring, evaluation, operational research, and MEL capacity building approaches and tools;
- Coordinate and lead ongoing and user-friendly analysis and presentations of IP results.
- Conduct analyses of primary and secondary quantitative and qualitative research and prepare relevant presentations;
- Monitor the quality of data collected by MSSP;
- Assist in developing and planning evaluations and assessments;
- Contribute to or review reports related to monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and other studies;
- Review MEL frameworks of USAID/DRC implementing partners;
- Support the DCOP in the development of USAID/DRC’s Performance Management Plan;
- Lead or support data quality assessments;
- Provide oversight of all verification activities in the field, conducted through DRC Third Party Monitoring agents, to ensure their timely and professional deployment of verifications, as well as the analysis of findings.
- Conduct site visits as directed by the DCOP;
- Provide quality control and oversight of subcontractors performing site visits to ensure proper protocol is followed and data is up to USAID/DRC standards.
- Support the development of content, organization of logistics, and implementation of learning events/trainings in Kinshasa, Goma, and elsewhere in the region for USAID Implementing Partners; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Approximately seven (7) years of experience in program management and contract compliance
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and French
- Familiarity with standard/office IT applications including program management software.
- Demonstrated previous involvement in research or monitoring and evaluation projects
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents
Education: A bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture
- Familiarity with financial systems and administrative procedures, ideally with USAID or USG
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones. Provincial DRC is anticipated.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2812/job?mobile=false&width=960&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=120 and please send a copy of updated CV along with 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org the deadline of January 30th, 2021 Kinshasa Time.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: In-country/provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
Please note this statement of work is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
Site Internet :