Posted Job title: Program Assistant
Internal title: CD PROG ASSITANT
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Division: DRC Country Program
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Working closely with Congolese communities and government leaders, PATH addresses some of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) toughest health challenges. We apply our on-the-ground expertise to HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, and neglected tropical diseases as well as reproductive, maternal, and child health. Our work includes advocating at the national level to strengthen funding for essential health interventions, such as immunization; providing targeted technical assistance; leveraging our relationships with funders, private industry, community-based organizations, and others for sustainable results; and adapting and introducing innovative, low-cost technologies and evidence-based best practices. Our operational presence in the DRC has grown steadily since 2009.
PATH is looking to hire a Program Assistant (PA) to support the project teams in DRC. The Program Assistant will be based in Kinshasa et will report to the Senior Project Administrator.
- Develop and/or maintain administrative systems in support of all projects within the program.
- Maintain a data base of all invoice and document related to procurement of project.
- Serve as procurement staff for small procurement of the project. The limit of such procurement will be defined by the Site Administrator (SADM).
- Draft, edit, format, fact-check, and proofread a variety of documents and enter data using Word, Excel, and other software.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for team members and consultants; tracks team members' travel schedules, including support needed modifying arrangements during travel and follow up activities such as reimbursement requests.
- Maintain travel data base for each project and follow up with travel agency to get invoices paid on time.
- Assists with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Coordinate arrangements for guests, meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events.
- Assists in activities during and post-meeting, such as conference and web call set up, drafting minutes, and supporting Project Manager to track follow-up activities.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook calendars to coordinate complex scheduling tasks.
- Schedule team meetings and draft agendas and minutes.
- Maintain project records, electronic files, and other resources for the project.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms, including supply request forms, check requests, and reimbursement forms.
- Provide support to the Project Administrator to ensure accuracy of project inventory (if applicable), validating to GL records of project purchases, equipment disposal documentation, and PATH’s Fixed Assets, Project Equipment, and Inventory policy.
- Serve as backup for other Program Assistants.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or its equivalent in a related field.
- At least three years of experience in the country, with a focus on, supporting projects in Non-government institution environment.
- Experience in administration and secretarial services.
- Experiences in travel arrangement
- Knowledge in accounting and procurement
- Experience in working with International NGOs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Please, click on the link hereafter to submit your application: https://bit.ly/2NtoGnb
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site Internet :