Project Engineer – LIFT Project
Goma ou BuKavu ()
Project Engineer – LIFT Project, Democratic Republic of Congo
Leveraging Investments for Transformational Water and Sanitation Systems (LIFT) project is a five-year cooperative agreement in the Democratic Republic of Congo financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) led by Mercy Corps and a consortium of partners including Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev). Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Project Engineer. This position will be located in the Mercy Corps office in either Goma or Bukavu. The position is full-time with an expected duration of four years.
The role of the Project Engineer is to support the LIFT project to improve delivery of cost-recoverable water supply services. To this end, Tetra Tech seeks a talented, professional with experience in piped water infrastructure planning and design. The Project Engineerwill lead activities to assess water systems infrastructure, to develop infrastructure improvement plans, and to oversee the rehabilitation and expansion of technically and commercially feasible water systems. The Project Engineer will engage in a wide variety of technical activities designed to expand and improve water service delivery, including, but not limited to, development of drinking water infrastructure and service delivery systems, and technical capacity building/training for private water providers.
* Complete water system assessments including infrastructure assessments and improvement needs, operations and maintenance assessments, and energy efficiency assessments.
* Based on assessment outcomes, develop infrastructure improvement plans.
* Undertake detailed feasibility studies for infrastructure improvements plans including preparing conceptual designs analyzing (rehabilitations and expansions) tradeoffs between different design options, considering short/long-term operations costs, and technical viabilities.
* Prepare environmental impact assessments, infrastructure operations, and maintenance manuals.
* Prepare realistic cost estimates for infrastructure improvement works including undertaking detailed lifecycle-based cost-benefit analysis.
* Prepare construction schedules for the infrastructure improvement works.
* Support the preparation of tender documents including preparation of technical specification documents, bill of quantities, and final tender packages.
* Support various types of analyses cost recovery and basic metrics of performance such as non-revenue water (NRW) and other key performance indicators (KPIs).
* Support supervision of infrastructure improvement works at the various project sites.
* Serve as a key point of contact between LIFT and any external engineering design and construction firms engaged under the program. This include:
- Review works programs and schedules submitted by consultants and contractors working on activities under the project.
- Carry out technical due-diligence and review of all engineering designs and drawings, specifications and tender documentation prepared by consultants. This shall include detailed review of civil, hydraulic, and structural design calculations and drawings, and providing advice on the actions to be taken (if any) to further improve the quality of the designs in accordance with civil/sanitary engineering best practices.
- Review all technical reports prepared by consultants and contractors and assess their adequacy, relevance, and standards with respect to technical, institutional, financial, economic, and environmental aspects. Identify shortcomings (if any) and suggest improvements and recommend acceptance of deliverables.
- Support in reviewing payment claims, variation orders and addenda submitted by consultants and contractors and recommend clearance or rejection.
* Liaise with international/local short-term technical assistance providing guiding on various project deliverables including water infrastructure feasibility studies, infrastructure improvement plans, and QA/QC tools.
* Possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, mechanical) or other relevant field; Master’s degree, preferred and would be counted towards years of experience.
* Must have 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in planning, design, and construction management of potable water supply systems or similar projects.
* Knowledge of water infrastructure development and implementation.
* Demonstrated experience in planning, design, cost estimating, scheduling and/or construction supervision of potable water supply systems or similar projects.
* Experience in the development of technical-commercial feasibility studies for potable water supply systems and/or other civil engineering works.
* Strong analytical skills, with the ability to write well-structured technical reports.
* Strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
* Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, etc); Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) experience preferred.
* Experience working with donor-funded projects and with different partners.
* Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
* Fluency in written and spoken French and/or Swahili is required; proficiency in English is preferred
* Experience working in eastern Africa and in Democratic Republic of Congo ideally.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/PEngineerLIFTDRC
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Société :Tetra Tech
Site Internet :