Research and Evaluation Consultant
Research and Evaluation Consultant Scope of Work
Title: Research and Evaluation Consultant
Project: Global Fund Prospective Country Evaluation (PCE)
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Prospective Country Evaluation (PCE) is a mixed-methods prospective evaluation commissioned by the Technical Evaluation Reference Group (TERG) of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The goal of the PCE is to generate evidence on the ongoing program implementation and processes and facilitate continuous improvement of program implementation and quality. The PCE country evaluation platform in the DRC seeks a Research and Evaluation Consultant to support the synthesis of evaluation evidence and findings and lead the development of project deliverables during the evaluation’s three-month extension phase.
The consultant will be responsible for working with the PCE team based in Kinshasa, including participating in the review and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data gathered by the evaluation team during the three-month extension phase. The consultant will review notes from key informant interviews, relevant documents, and quantitative analyses and use the evaluation evidence matrix developed by the PCE team to analyze and formulate key findings. The analysis and development of evaluation findings will be conducted collaboratively with the PCE team, while development of the evaluation report and PowerPoint presentation will be the consultant’s principal responsibility and deliverable for this scope of work.
- Review qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the PCE team.
- Work in collaboration with the PCE team to review and analyze the evaluation evidence and formulate key findings.
- Develop a high-quality written report and PowerPoint presentation summarizing the evaluation findings.
- Edit and refine the report and presentation based on reviews by the PCE team in Kinshasa and global team.
- Written report (10 pages maximum) of the evaluation findings in French
- PowerPoint presentation (10 slides maximum) of the evaluation findings in French
- Expertise in researching and evaluating public health programs.
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality written reports on research and evaluation findings.
- Previous experience in qualitative data collection and data analysis and interpretation.
- Familiarity with health system programming, national health M&E and data systems, HIV, TB, and/or malaria is preferred.
The consultancy will be conducted over 55 days between April 15th and June 30th.
@DRC Consultant Hiring
Site Internet :