ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL – DRC
POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER
DURATION – 2 YEAR CONTRACT - full time (with a possibility of extension subject to funding
LOCATION - KINSHASA, DRC
BENEFITS: HOUSING & HARDSHIP ALLOWANCE
E-mail address: DRC.Job@actionaid.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 18th June, 2021.
Local terms and conditions of employment will apply
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
We are now looking for a Finance Manager with in-depth understanding and experience for monitoring financial management and performance of all programs/projects/sub-units and partners in the country programme, ensuring compliance with global standards, systems and processes, and law of land as well as donors’ rules on financial management. If you are ready to take on a CV enhancing role that will use your talents and develop your skills; look no further than this position at ActionAid International.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Contributing to the development and achievement of the AAI’s strategic objectives including Country Strategy development.
- Ensuring that the long-term financial strategy of the country programme is viable.
- Ensuring that reports are submitted to the donor on a timely basis, in the format agreed with the donor and that all other reporting requirements are adequately adhered to.
- Ensuring that project cash flows (income, expenditure and fund transfers) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring compliance & stay current with local legal & statutory requirements.
- Ensuring the Local Finance Manual is updated and rolled out.
- Reviewing individual work plan, managing performance, providing induction, training, coaching, mentoring and advice.
- Assessing the financial ability of potential partner NGOs, including their internal control systems, documentation and capacity to report on expenditure before long-term relationships are entered into.
- Ensuring that effective systems are in place to allow adequate financial monitoring.
- Continuously reviewing, evaluating, developing and implementing an internal control system to maintain the financial integrity of AAI DRC.
- Preparing detailed expenditure budgets and Consolidated summary budget tables and ensure that they are consistent with the information and formats provided by the Global Secretariat.
- Participating in development of fundraising proposal/s from the beginning of the process, especially budget proposals.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting management is required. A master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in position of senior financial management or accounting, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial reports and plans, and drawing insight for use by management and different donors.
- Membership to a reputable Professional Accountancy body such as ACCA, CIMA.
- Knowledge, practical application and knowledge of GAAP.
- Sound practical knowledge of accounting systems (preferably SUN) and use of spreadsheets.
- Proven experience in design, implementing and monitoring financial and administrative control systems.
- Proven experience in producing budgets and financial reports for use by management and donors.
If you meet this description and wish to make a big impact look no further than this position.
Those interested in this position are requested to send their applications (one page letter of motivation and 3 pages of CV, only in Wors) to the following e-mail address DRC.Job@actionaid.org with the reference number of the recruitment notice in the subject line. No certificate and documents not mentioned are required. The deadline for submission of applications is 18th June, 2021.
ActionAid DRC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, gender or disability status. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.
Site Internet :