A Short-Term Consultant (STC) Research Assist (RA)
TERMS OF REFENCE FOR
A SHORT-TERM CONSULTANT (STC) RESEARCH ASSIST(RA)
A. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment (MTI) Unit in DRC is responsible for macroeconomic monitoring, analysis, forecasting of the DRC economy, working with the Government of DRC to improve analysis and build capacity, and for providing, on request, analytical support to senior government counterparts. The Unit is also responsible for regular reporting and briefings on the DRC economy including formal publications, and informal briefings to a variety of public- and private-sector domestic and international counterparts. The Unit also provides regular monitoring and analysis of macroeconomic developments for the World Bank’s management, for external publications and as inputs to lending operations.
MTI Unit uses various ways to deliver on the core mandate. These include production of regular reports and updates on DRC’s economic development, analytical and advisory work. DRC Economic Update and DRC Country Economic Memorandum are examples of MTI flagship products.
The MTI unit seeks to hire a research assistant to join the team. The consultant will join the MTI team to carry-out the work set out in this Terms of Reference. The position requires a mix of analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team and meet deadlines.
B. TASKS/SCOPE OF WORK
He or she will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Contributing to the preparation and dissemination of MTI analytical products, including the DRC Economic Update (DRC EU) and Country Economic Memorandum (CEM)
- Contributing to the preparation of analytical work following major data or information releases such as GDP numbers, government budgets and other economic indicators.
- Participating in dissemination activities including presentations to governments, donor agencies as well as private sector organizations.
- Leading data processing tasks, such as developing a methodology for the analysis of collected data, per topics and indicators, and coordinating data interpretation and analysis.
- Leading data analysis and visualization needed for different chapters of the DRC EU.
2. DRC Economic Briefs: Contributing to the economic reporting, briefing and dissemination activities of the DRC MTI team by:
- Preparing and contributing to the preparation of regular briefing notes on selected economic topics.
- Macroeconomic data collection, collating, and analysis of data in different formats.
- Preparing presentations and presenting summaries on developments on selected topics for both internal and external use.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the DRC MTI team.
3. Maintaining core economic databases needed for economic reporting and monitoring in DRC and for carrying out macroeconomic analysis contributing to different Economic and Sector Work (ESW):
- Regularly updating and refining standardized spreadsheets and templates for maintaining and presenting key economic variables for DRC needed for economic reporting and monitoring.
- Managing and extracting data from key macroeconomic databases such as National accounts (SNA), Balance of Payments, monetary and financial indicators and other macroeconomic datasets.
- Ensuring the DRC MTI team is up to date with selected economic indicators and trends by collecting detailed information on series construction and systematically documenting this information.
- Providing direct inputs into DRC MTI analytical work and participating in approved knowledge sharing initiatives in and outside the World Bank.
The consultant will be based in Kinshasa and will report to the Task Team Leader.
D. TIME FRAME
The assignment covers 150 working days expected to be performed between August 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022.
The Consultant should have the following professional and personal qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics or related discipline with five years of experience.
- Excellent data skills and familiarity with econometric and statistical analysis techniques such as STATA and E-Views.
- Demonstrate ability in the collection, collation, and analysis of data in different formats
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and present statistical information.
- Ability to draft policy briefs and reports as well as produce presentations, charts, graphs according to standard Bank formats for dissemination.
- Excellent writing skills.
- At least basic proficiency in English and willingness to undertake language training.
- Excellent computer skills with key MS applications including Excel, Word, PPT among others.
- Knowledge of World Bank policies and procedures would be an advantage.
- Most importantly, the candidate should be able to work both independently and in a team with a positive spirit and collaborative approach to delivering on the work program.
F. SUBMITTING AN OFFER
- Eligible candidates are required to submit the offer package comprising a Cover letter,a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees. The CV must provide a list of minimum three (3) professional references who are not family members or relatives.
- Offers must be submitted by July 9, 2021 at 12:00 am (Kinshasa Time) ONLY by e-mail attachment to email@example.com, and copying to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the e-mail subject must say: STC MTI RA FY22. Please submit the Offer only once.
- Late and incomplete Offers will not be considered.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED AS A LOCAL RECRUITMENT
Applicants are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with an offer package required will be considered. The World Bank Group (WBG) is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Société :World Bank
Site Internet :
Email :email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org