Human Resources / People Officer
Title: Human Resources/People Officer
Under direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Human Resources Officer will be responsible for maintaining HR records, administering employee benefits, supporting the processing of payroll, recruitment, and guiding the organization in matters of employee relations. The Human Resources Officer will also be responsible for planning and coordinating of all procurement of goods and services to support VillageReach DRC Programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, with dotted line reporting into the Global People Team, the Human Resource Officer shall perform the following functions:
Human Resources Recordkeeping
- Organize, compile, update employee records and documentation, including contracts, confidentiality forms, employee acknowledgments and signatures, etc.
- Monitor temporary and consultants’ contracts and anticipate required actions
- Using the VillageReach global HRIS (Human Resources Information System), maintain accurate employee data in HR software
- Monitor and implement the performance management process, ongoing contact with line management to develop and implement performance appraisals at ZOHO;
- In close partnership HQ, align, implement and develop VillageReach's learning and development strategy in the country
Payroll Processing Support
- Enter new employees into payroll system and terminate departing employees
- Distribute monthly pay slips to staff and Organize all the files for Payroll
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of labor through monthly electronic time sheets from all staff
- Ensure authorization for paid time off and track vacation and sick leave and other leave taken ensuring that hours are accurately reported in timekeeping systems
Human Resources Administration
- Ensure all DRC Hiring process, assist in recruitment process, including but not limited to, posting job openings, coordinating interviews, conducting reference checks, and communicating with candidates on results
- Guide staff disciplinary processes, grievances and complaints and develop a procedure for documenting issues and complaints
- Coordinate onboarding process for the new hires
- Coordinate VillageReach mandatory ethics training for all staff on an annual basis
- Help with the development of standard operating procedures for human resource related topics
- Participate in the HR Community of Practice with Global People Team on monthly basis
- Coordinate with Villagereach’s admin assistant on staff travel
- Provide management support to ensure proper enforcement of VillageReach employee and labor practices compliance;
- Implement HR policies and guidelines to ensure compliance, interpret local labor law and relevant legislation;
- Provide support in the management of disciplinary proceedings;
- Ensure labor conflict management
- Vacation Management, Health Insurance (CIGNA), Work Accident Insurance and Miscellaneous
- Implement and manage national benefits in line with contractual terms and conditions;
- Control and manage employees' vacations;
- Ensure the registration and delivery control of all human resources related correspondence;
- Ensure the updating and filing of the workers' individual information in the individual files;
- Preparation of activity reports, according to the periodicity indicated by supervisor;
- Performing the routine related to hiring, firing, control and registration of social benefits information and effectiveness as well as compliance with legal obligations in relation to employees;
- Prepare correspondence/communications for workers or other entities;
- Representing and interacting with public and private institutions and unions on Human Resources issues
- Ensuring communications and follow through with our HR services
- Coordinate staff medical aid scheme
- Coordinate other benefits as required
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
* Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
* Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
* Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
* Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
* Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 2-3 years of work experience in human resources/administration
- Previous experience working with an international NGO preferred
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded project preferred
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Fluent in English and French
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This is a full time office work position, however, at times it may require movement from one office to another for one to one or group meetings. Ability to see clearly. This position does not demand heavy weight lifting apart from normal office files.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter [plus any other desired materials] to our online portal: https://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
Site Internet :