Technical Program Officer, Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation
Position Title: Technical Program Officer, Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Location: (Kinshasa, DRC), seconded to PNLP.
Division: Programs and Innovations
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Programme, as a leader in the effort to end malaria-related illness and death, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programmes, and gathers evidence and data to enable national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH works with national malaria control programmes in Africa to scale up interventions to reduce the burden of malaria, as well as to generate evidence and support planning for new strategies to accelerate elimination. The focus is on improving the collection, reporting and use of malaria surveillance data to enable rapid, accurate and rational decision-making to maximize the impact of interventions.
As part of its Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership Program in Africa (MACEPA), PATH is supporting the National Malaria Control Program in DRC (NMCP), particularly to increase the availability and use of high-quality data to determine the targeting and combination of interventions in priority geographic areas.
As part of its support to the Ministry of Public Health, Hygiene and Prevention through its growing malaria portfolio in DRC, PATH is currently recruiting a Technical Program Officer to be based at the NMCP in Kinshasa, to provide technical assistance to the NMCP in the area of surveillance, monitoring, and evaluation,
Under the technical supervision of the PATH Technical Program Manager and the joint strategic coordination of the PATH Malaria Program Lead and the NMCP M&E Division Chief, the successful candidate will contribute to the PATH team in the implementation of PATH's malaria projects and support PATH's malaria control efforts within the NMCP specifically within the NMCP's Epidemiological Surveillance and Monitoring & Evaluation Divisions as officially requested by the NMCP's Management Committee.
The following tasks will be entrusted to him/her:
Under the supervision of the Technical Program Manager Malaria, the Technical Program Officer is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Provide technical support to the Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Divisions according to specific technical needs identified by NMCP management and within the resources available to PATH
- Participate in capacity building initiatives of the NMCP under MACEPA 4 or other projects financed by PATH or other partners.
- Work with NMCP surveillance, monitoring and evaluation stakeholders to identify technical areas for technical assistance from various partners to achieve the objectives of malaria control and eventual elimination.
- Participate in and provide technical inputs to NMCP thematic group meetings related to the Epidemiological Surveillance and Monitoring & Evaluation divisions, in collaboration with NMCP partners.
- Contribute to the follow-up and implementation of actions and recommendations resulting from the meetings of the thematic groups of the NMCP, particularly the Epidemiological Surveillance and Monitoring & Evaluation Divisions
- Provide technical input to the drafting of strategic and planning documents (PSN) as well as reports (annual reports, epidemiological bulletins, etc.) of the NMCP according to the needs expressed by the Head of the Epidemiological Surveillance and Monitoring & Evaluation Division under the coordination of the Director of the NMCP
- Provide technical support, along with other NMCP members, to data validation meetings and to the outbreak/epidemic investigation and response team
- Provide technical support to the NMCP in updating the mapping of interventions and stakeholders according to the needs expressed and the orientations given by the NMCP;
- Contribute to the strengthening of the planning, implementation and monitoring of specific interventions planned by the NMCP, notably intermittent presumptive treatment with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine for pregnant women and infants, chemoprevention of seasonal malaria, entomological interventions, etc.
- Support the process of transfer of responsibility and ownership of the malaria dashboard by the NMCP, leading and optimizing efforts to digitize NMCP tools according to Programme needs and partner commitment.
- Contribute, in collaboration with the PATH Senior Data Officer Malaria& NTD and the PATH Project, to the monitoring of the implementation of the PATH Malaria work plan, reporting, documentation and learning process under the supervision of the Malaria TPM.
- Collaborate with the Program Assistant and the PADM to find solutions for needs expressed by the NMCP and approved in advance by the Technical Program Manager, reviewed and validated by the PATH Program Director.
- Document quarterly all success stories and lessons learned in collaboration with the NMCP in terms of success stories, abstracts, ...
- Submit monthly report containing activities/tasks completed and priorities for the next month to PATH Technical Program Manager Malaria for analysis, who will share it with PATH Technical Management and NMCP Management.
- Contribute to specific technical documentation of the PATH-DRC Malaria Team, such as concept notes, etc.,
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant fields of public health, epidemiology, statistics, tropical medicine, international health, etc.
- Mid-level professional with at least seven years of relevant experience in the implementation and management of health projects focused on malaria control, including at least five years on technical assistance, innovation, or high-level consultancy projects in favor of specialized Directorates or programmes of the Ministry of Health, preferably the NMCP in the field of epidemiological surveillance and/or monitoring and evaluation. Experience in malaria operational research would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the DRC health system, the organization of the NMCP and national malaria control strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of epidemiological surveillance and monitoring and evaluation, ideally in the field of malaria.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in data management and analysis software/tools (DHSI2, STATA, EpiInfo, Tableau, ODK...) and the Office pack (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with staff and partners, to provide technical assistance and to participate in a relevant way in malaria control implementation activities.
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, while being able to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in French and English required.
Must have legal authorization to work in DRC
PATH is committed to creating an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Any qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
Veuillez cliquer sur le lien ci-dessous pour soumettre votre candidature :
Site Internet :