Associate – Finance and Admin
HR template version 01/21/2021
Last submitted Date :
6th December 2021
Associate – Finance and Admin
COST CENTER CODE(S):
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics Project
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics is a new USAID funded program initiated in September 2020 and active through September 2025. Through a consortium of partners led by EngenderHealth, this project expands awareness of, equitable access to, and appropriate use of quality, voluntary surgical maternal health (MH) and family planning (FP) services that are essential to reducing maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity and promoting reproductive health (RH). MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics focuses on surgical obstetric care, including safe and indicated cesarean delivery (CD) and peripartum hysterectomy; prevention and treatment of obstetric and iatrogenic fistula; and voluntary long-acting reversible contraceptives and permanent methods (LARCs/PMs).
Under the Finance and Administration Manager’s supervision, the Associate - Finance and Admin is responsible for maintaining the project cash transactions and financial records, reviewing petty cash vouchers, and ensuring timely replenishment of petty cash. The role of the Finance Associate also includes maintaining the project accounting software (QuickBooks), performing accounting and financial duties to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal and external regulations, liaising with relevant banks, and government departments and offices in relation of taxes and customs.
The Associate - Finance and Admin will be responsible for:
- Preparing payment vouchers, process all vendor invoices, travel expense reports and other program-activity payments;
- Ensuring completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting; keeping a proper filing system for all cash transactions;
- Reviewing payment vouchers and supporting documents such as receipt, invoice, tax invoice etc.; assisting processing of grantees financial reports and grants cash disbursements;
- Maintaining and updating financial files ensuring up-to-date records/trackers and that all finance files are electronically filed in the office;
- Liaising with bank in the processing of wire transfers; timely submission of different types of tax to the tax authority
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Bachelor’s degree, or other equivalent degree in accounting, finance, Business administration or other related field
- At least 1-3 years accounting or relevant experience.
- Computer literacy, including proven experience with computerized accounting packages, word processing and spreadsheets in QuickBooks, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations, and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations will be an advantage
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and respectful.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with sub-grants management a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite and ability to create tables and charts on Excel Spreadsheet
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a survivor of domestic violence, marital status, pregnancy status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact https://www.engenderhealth.org/about/careers/
Site Internet :