Last submitted Date :
6th December 2021
COST CENTER CODE(S):
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics Project
Senior Technical Advisor – RH and FC
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics is a new USAID funded program initiated in September 2020 and active through September 2025. Through a consortium of partners led by EngenderHealth, this project expands awareness of, equitable access to, and appropriate use of quality, voluntary surgical maternal health (MH) and family planning (FP) services that are essential to reducing maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity and promoting reproductive health (RH). MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics focuses on surgical obstetric care, including safe and indicated cesarean delivery (CD) and peripartum hysterectomy; prevention and treatment of obstetric and iatrogenic fistula; and voluntary long-acting reversible contraceptives and permanent methods (LARCs/PMs).
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor and closely coordinating with the Technical Advisor - GYSI, the Project Officer is responsible for the implementation of the FP/PPFP activities in the supported Health Zones and Nursing schools in Ituri province.
- Lead the MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics Project provincial team in planning, implementing and managing the FP/PPFP project activities within budgetary guidelines and compliance with project and award requirements;
- Ensure high-quality program implementation through monitoring and oversight in close coordination with the Division Provinciale de la Santé (DPS), Coordinantion Provinciale du Programme National de Santé de la Reproduction(PNSR) et Bureau de l’Enseignement des Sciences de la Santé(BESS)
- Coordinate the activities of all subcontractors and sub grantees in regard of their technical contributions to the project
- Provide leadership in the design of service delivery models/systems to accelerate Family Planning and Post-Partum Family Planning scale-up and to ensure quality of care, in collaboration with PNSR/Ministry of Health and partners in field.
- In collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation team, ensure consistent generation of quality data for timely decision-making at all supported Health zones, their health facilities and Nursing schools and track performance of all FP/PPFP indicators.
- Contribute to research documenting learnings and best practices related to FP/PPFP
- Collaborate with Partners and Ministry of Health to ensure that FP/PPFP interventions are delivered in a way that promote gender equality
- Assist the Senior Technical Advisor to compile semi-annual and annual project reports and ensure timely submission to the next reporting level
- Participate in working with provincial government departments and other stakeholders on informing policy, guideline development, as well as advocacy on areas around PPFP
- Work with the Senior Technical Advisor Reproductive Health and fistula care to ensure that there is EngenderHealth representation at all levels provincial and Health Zones level meetings; all necessary technical working group meetings
- Make an inventory of Civil Society or Coalitions that intervene on FP/PPFP issues in Ituri province and contribute to design of EngenderHealth DRC advocacy strategy
- Enhance the technical capacity of Civil society Organizations on advocacy
- Provide technical support to civil society organizations and Ministry of health program to set up a technical group on post-partum family planning services
- Work with the Senior Technical Advisor RH/FC to orient or update Program Staff on technical aspects
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors
- Doctor, public health staff or nurse with a good knowledge of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and family planning
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical officer or supervisor at the provincial or zonal level.
- Experience working in FP, MNCH and fistula care
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to build and maintain partnerships,
- Excellent facilitation skills,
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- A good knowledge of the health care system in the province of work
- Understanding of the health context of the province
- A good knowledge of the Congolese health system and of the multisectoral strategic plan for family planning in the DRC
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook,
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a survivor of domestic violence, marital status, pregnancy status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact
Site Internet :