Technical Advisor - Family Planning
Last sumitted date: 6th December 2021
TITLE: Technical Advisor – Family Planning
WORK LOCATION: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
COST CENTER CODE(S): MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics Project
REPORTS TO (Title Only): Senior Technical Advisor – RH and FC
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics is a new USAID funded program initiated in September 2020 and active through September 2025. Through a consortium of partners led by EngenderHealth, this project expands awareness of, equitable access to, and appropriate use of quality, voluntary surgical maternal health (MH) and family planning (FP) services that are essential to reducing maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity and promoting reproductive health (RH). MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics focuses on surgical obstetric care, including safe and indicated cesarean delivery (CD) and peripartum hysterectomy; prevention and treatment of obstetric and iatrogenic fistula; and voluntary long-acting reversible contraceptives and permanent methods (LARCs/PMs).
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor Reproductive Health and fistula care, the Technical Advisor Family Planning is responsible of the implementation of high-quality Family planning services in the project supported health zones and nursing schools in DRC.
The Technical Advisor – Family Planning will:
- Lead the team in planning, implementing and managing the FP/PPFP project activities within budgetary guidelines and compliance with project and award requirements; ensure high-quality program implementation through monitoring and oversight in close coordination with project staff
- Coordinate the activities of all subcontractors and sub grantees in regard of their technical contributions to the project
- Provide leadership in the design of ervice delivery models/systems to accelerate Family Planning and Post-Partum Family Planning scale-up and to ensure quality of care, in collaboration with PNSR/Ministry of Health and partners.
- Manage a team of technical staff to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all program activities and reports under the program.
- In collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation team, ensure consistent generation of quality data for timely decision-making at all levels and track performance of all FP/PPFP indicators.
- Ensure research documenting learnings and best practices related to FP/PPFP are incorporated into practice at all levels
- Collaborate with Partners and Ministry of Health and the Direction de l’Enseignement des Sciences de la santé(DESS) to ensure that FP/PPFP interventions are delivered in a way that promote gender equality
- Work with the Senior Technical Advisor to identify business opportunities for health
- Assist the Senior Technical Advisor RH/FC to compile semiannual and annual project reports and ensure timely submission to the next reporting level
- Participate in working with government and other stakeholders on informing policy, guideline development, as well as advocacy on areas around PPFP
- Make an inventory of Civil Society or Coalitions that intervene on FP/PPFP issues in DRC and Design and EngenderHealth DRC advocacy strategy
- Enhance the technical capacity of Civil society Organizations on advocacy
- Provide technical support to civil society organizations and Ministry of health program to set up a technical group on post-partum family planning services
- Work with the Senior Technical Advisor RH/FC to orient or update Program Staff on technical aspects
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in public health with 3-5 years of work experience or Registered Nurse/Midwife or Clinical Officer with 7-10 years of work experience in Family Planning and PPFP.
- Proven capacity to oversee development/implementation of work plans and reports, and monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ability to identify new donors and partners for programs
- At least five years of professional experience in the clinical/health sector with expertise in project management and quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead service delivery and capacity building and advocacy interventions
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Government of DRC and local and international organizations working in FP/PPFP
- Ability to write reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and basic understanding of English
- Ability to analyze, review and use data for program improvements (experience in using DHIS-2 – preferred)
- Ability to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask, work under pressure and with flexibility
- Ability to organize information and tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, pay attention to details, and handle a variety of responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Strong team building skills
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- Successfully led large SRHR programs
- Experience in building local technical, management and leadership capacity
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a survivor of domestic violence, marital status, pregnancy status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact
Site Internet :