Senior Communication Officer, Advocacy and Public Policy
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions - including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities and evidence-based policies among policymakers, coalitions and other influential individuals and groups. PATH’s APP department is seeking a Senior Communications Officer to develop and implement communications strategies to advance policy and advocacy goals.
The officer will support advocacy and programmatic work in the DRC and will report to the Advocacy and Policy Manager based in Kinshasa with dotted line to the Regional Communications, Advocacy and Media Officerin Nairobi.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to be carried out both at the national and provincial level in Kwango, Kwilu, Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami.
- Envision and execute communications activitiesin support of PATH’s advocacy and programmatic goals in the DRC.
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Policy Managerto understand program activities and communications needs and advise on tactics.
- Coordinate with Regional and DC/Seattle-based communications colleagues to prioritize and assign resources, as well as to ensure advocacy communications activities are well executed, tied to the institution-wide strategy, and aligned with the realities and norms of communications work in the DRC.
- Identify key target audiences and prepare key messages that will result in decision-making and actions. This also includes to proactively identify opportunities, priority events and platforms to reach target audiences in the DRC.
- Develop and manage communications materials from concept to completion through research, writing, editing, and proofreading content in order to reach key stakeholder audiences—e.g. fact sheets, policy briefs, blogs, op-eds, press releases, presentations, web copy, and op-eds.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement national media outreach strategies for major milestones.
- Plan effective events and meetings to convene decision makers and influencers.
- Manage communications vendors, such as media relations firms and graphic designers.
- Assist in developing, strengthening and supporting PATH’s relationships with key Ministry of Health and other agencies, civil society partners, and multilateral organizations, particularly when it comes to coordinating on communications activities.
- Degree in communications or related field, and a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in advocacy, communications and media relations and/or a combination or work and education experience.
- Experience in health and familiarity with immunization, HAT or MNCH in the DRC context
- Demonstrated ability to translate highly technical information for effective communication to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing messages and communications activities to influence decision makers.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging media both at national and provincial level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Self-starter, proactive and positive with a solutions-oriented attitude and works with minimal supervision.
- Deadline driven, ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver them on time.
- Expertise in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please, click to the link hereafter to submit your application: https://bit.ly/2LiiSca
Site Internet :